Building Management Systems (or BMS systems for short) can prove to be incredibly effective tools during a crisis, whether we’re talking about keeping everything running smoothly in key buildings or continuing to run operations reliably and comfortably for a reduced staff of essential onsite workers for the rest of the facilities, all while also maintaining a steady focus on the operating budget.
In order to overcome the challenge of maintaining facility continuity under these unique conditions, building management systems installed as part of a “smart building” enable superior visibility, greater control, and the support of remote services.
Advanced BMS systems ensure critical systems are working at the desired parameters 24/7, and automatically provide real-time updates and alerts to the desktops and mobile devices of facility personnel. In fact, condition-based monitoring is now possible thanks to intelligent, connected devices like smart power meters and building controls, and software-based analytics generated by integrated power management and building management software.
These help anticipate potential malfunctions in critical electrical and HVAC equipment, using powerful diagnostics to prioritize alarm conditions and recommend immediate actions.
Another area where a BMS system could provide invaluable help is related to controlling costs during lower occupancy periods by enabling facility-wide monitoring of the electrical system and loads, including HVAC, lighting, and more.
Tracking energy consumption patterns can reveal pockets of opportunity, for example, identifying non-critical equipment that can be shut down. Digitally-enabled visibility into equipment conditions can also identify critical maintenance needs, enabling technicians to act efficiently to minimize or avoid disruptions.
HeatingSave Building Management System BMS software –advanced controls and analytics features
The HeatingSave high level software is a web based user friendly and intuitive software application, delivering unrivalled control and monitoring of the heating system. Using just a browser from one desktop or laptop PC, tablet or smart phone you can control your entire building or a whole network of buildings. Software features include:
• Advanced planning of heating patterns and diary allowing 365 day programming with different patterns for each zone.
• Graph visualisation of every temperature, air quality, occupancy and on/off event ever recorded. Use these to identify problems with boilers, pumps etc. and also to prove that HeatingSave is working for you.
• Transaction and fault logging and reporting. Alerts include boilers failing to respond, or when they unexpectedly start to increase in heat (manually overridden by someone). Also sensors hitting maximum/minimum temperatures are displayed. Avoid expensive repair and maintenance costs by determining what the problem is first so you can either change the settings yourself or send the right person first time.
• Running Costs – View the costs of boilers, equipment like pumps or immersions, air-cons etc. The costs are broken down by site or by each system individually. They are then displayed daily, monthly and quarterly. You can even see the carbon usage of your building or collection of buildings.
• View your site as a schematic with temperatures and equipment status overlaid. Keep track of an entire site from one easy viewport.
• Easily manage the settings and parameters for the entire Building Energy Management System from one place.
If you’d like to find out more information on the HeatingSave Building Energy Monitoring System, please contact us, and our specialists will answer your questions and queries in a very fast and easy manner.