Energy monitoring systems can drive savings by providing actionable insights into energy use
Knowing exactly how much energy your business or home uses at every single moment of every day can help you take the necessary measures to reduce your consumption and, subsequently, your bills, experts believe.
Energy monitoring systems can supply a wealth of data, including how much gas and electricity are being used, what areas within the building require more heating, etc., but making sense of such a large volume of data can also be daunting for stretched energy managers.
That’s why more businesses are investing in energy management software, which simplifies the process of analysing and utilising the wealth of energy data they collect and turns it into actionable insight.
For organisations with large and complex site portfolios, gaining a clear picture of their energy usage typically involves processing hundreds of spreadsheets across hundreds of properties. Energy monitoring and targeting software makes this task much simpler by bringing reams of data together in one place, giving energy managers an at-a-glance view of their energy profile.
This enhanced visibility should enable them to profile sites, establish patterns and benchmarks and create tolerance levels far more efficiently. Monitoring features should also help energy managers to quickly identify any anomalies that suggest energy wastage and ensure they’re not paying more than they need to be for their energy. It’s estimated that
organisations can save up to 25% on their energy bills by focusing on energy wastage and acting on opportunities to reduce it.
HeatingSave Building Management System BMS software –advanced controls and analytics features
The HeatingSave high level software is a web based user friendly and intuitive software application, delivering unrivalled control and monitoring of the heating system. Using just a browser from one desktop or laptop PC, tablet or smart phone you can control your entire building or a whole network of buildings. Software features include:
• Advanced planning of heating patterns and diary allowing 365 day programming with different patterns for each zone.
• Graph visualisation of every temperature, air quality, occupancy and on/off event ever recorded. Use these to identify problems with boilers, pumps etc. and also to prove that HeatingSave is working for you.
• Transaction and fault logging and reporting. Alerts include boilers failing to respond, or when they unexpectedly start to increase in heat (manually overridden by someone). Also sensors hitting maximum/minimum temperatures are displayed. Avoid expensive repair and maintenance costs by determining what the problem is first so you can either change the settings yourself or send the right person first time.
• Running Costs – View the costs of boilers, equipment like pumps or immersions, air-cons etc. The costs are broken down by site or by each system individually. They are then displayed daily, monthly and quarterly. You can even see the carbon usage of your building or collection of buildings.
• View your site as a schematic with temperatures and equipment status overlaid. Keep track of an entire site from one easy viewport.
• Easily manage the settings and parameters for the entire Building Energy Management System from one place.
If you’d like to find out more information on the HeatingSave Building Energy Monitoring System, please contact us, and our specialists will answer your questions and queries in a very fast and easy manner.