Energy Monitoring Systems to Help Drive Forward the Development of Smart Cities
Energy monitoring systems will help drive forward the development of smart buildings and cities across the world, which is an extremely important trend considering the fact that urbanisation is on the rise in every continent and figures set to climb close to 70% by 2050.
In fact, the demand for buildings and cities to become more liveable, workable and sustainable due to the global push towards net-zero targets, combined with population and urbanisation growth, forecasts that the global smart cities market will be valued at $3.6 trillion by 2025, a recent market research report has been able to suggest.
Intelligent buildings are a vital element to a future where cities become safe, smart and sustainable and building owners can harness and control their own energy usage.
Smart building technology has already helped many thousands of buildings and homes consume energy more efficiently.
As emerging technologies continue to develop, more opportunities arise for buildings to leverage new technological processes and data sources. The concept of using technology to improve our cities and buildings is not a new one, but what is different is that IoT is now enabling us to connect an increasing number of devices which were not connected before.
Connectivity really is the key to unleashing the true potential of intelligent buildings, unlocking opportunities for new information from infinite sources to be analyzed and combined, offering a new level of intelligence.
HeatingSave Building Management System BMS software –advanced controls and analytics features
The HeatingSave high level software is a web based user friendly and intuitive software application, delivering unrivalled control and monitoring of the heating system. Using just a browser from one desktop or laptop PC, tablet or smart phone you can control your entire building or a whole network of buildings. Software features include:
- Advanced planning of heating patterns and diary allowing 365 day programming with different patterns for each zone.
- Graph visualisation of every temperature, air quality, occupancy and on/off event ever recorded. Use these to identify problems with boilers, pumps etc. and also to prove that HeatingSave is working for you.
- Transaction and fault logging and reporting. Alerts include boilers failing to respond, or when they unexpectedly start to increase in heat (manually overridden by someone). Also sensors hitting maximum/minimum temperatures are displayed. Avoid expensive repair and maintenance costs by determining what the problem is first so you can either change the settings yourself or send the right person first time.
- Running Costs – View the costs of boilers, equipment like pumps or immersions, air-cons etc. The costs are broken down by site or by each system individually. They are then displayed daily, monthly and quarterly. You can even see the carbon usage of your building or collection of buildings.
- View your site as a schematic with temperatures and equipment status overlaid. Keep track of an entire site from one easy viewport.
- Easily manage the settings and parameters for the entire Building Energy Management System from one place.
If you’d like to find out more information on the HeatingSave Building Energy Monitoring System, please contact us, and our specialists will answer your questions and queries in a very fast and easy manner.