Industry group launches new smart building certification programme
A group of 90 tenants, landlords and property professionals from around the world have joined forces to set up the WiredScore Smart Council and launch a new smart building certification programme, a recent news report has been able to suggest.
The SmartScore certification aims to provide clarity, definition and measurement for the growing smart building industry and will offer guidance around what ‘smart’ is and how it should be implemented.
To ensure it is as complementary as possible with other industry standards, WiredScore has worked with BREEAM, LEED, RESET and WELL to create alignment with their certifications.
Although the smart building market is forecast to reach $180.9bn by 2025, there has been a lack of clarity about what exactly qualifies as a smart building. By developing a common standard, WiredScore said it aims to bring credibility and certainty to an industry undergoing a rapid transformation.
According to the group, in order to achieve this certification, a smart building must deliver:
- Individual and collaborative productivity (e.g. automatic visitor check-in, automatic meeting room booking, desk booking, occupancy detection)
- Health and wellbeing (e.g. air quality monitoring, lighting/temperature/ventilation adjustment, cleanliness and maintenance reporting systems)
- Community and services (e.g. providing users with the ability to explore and access external services, deliveries, accessibility options and communication with users)
- Sustainability (e.g. energy/water lighting optimisation, waste management, charging points for EVs)
- Maintenance and optimisation (e.g. immediate and detailed performance data, more finely tuned system performance)
- Security (e.g. building security, access controls, fire alarms and compliance management)
HeatingSave Building Management System – Create Your Smart Building for a Fraction of the Cost
HeatingSave, the low-cost building management system, can help you turn your building into a “smart” one at a significantly lower price than other BMS solutions.
HeatingSave Building Management System BMS software –advanced controls and analytics features
The HeatingSave high level software is a web based user friendly and intuitive software application, delivering unrivalled control and monitoring of the heating system. Using just a browser from one desktop or laptop PC, tablet or smart phone you can control your entire building or a whole network of buildings. Software features include:
- Advanced planning of heating patterns and diary allowing 365 day programming with different patterns for each zone.
- Graph visualisation of every temperature, air quality, occupancy and on/off event ever recorded. Use these to identify problems with boilers, pumps etc. and also to prove that HeatingSave is working for you.
- Transaction and fault logging and reporting. Alerts include boilers failing to respond, or when they unexpectedly start to increase in heat (manually overridden by someone). Also sensors hitting maximum/minimum temperatures are displayed. Avoid expensive repair and maintenance costs by determining what the problem is first so you can either change the settings yourself or send the right person first time.
- Running Costs – View the costs of boilers, equipment like pumps or immersions, air-cons etc. The costs are broken down by site or by each system individually. They are then displayed daily, monthly and quarterly. You can even see the carbon usage of your building or collection of buildings.
- View your site as a schematic with temperatures and equipment status overlaid. Keep track of an entire site from one easy viewport.
- Easily manage the settings and parameters for the entire Building Energy Management System from one place.
If you’d like to find out more information on the HeatingSave Building Energy Monitoring System, please contact us, and our specialists will answer your questions and queries in a very fast and easy manner.