Public buildings in Newcastle to undergo massive decarbonisation project
Schools, libraries, leisure centres and cultural venues like the Theatre Royal in Newcastle will soon get a green revamp after the local authority secured £27.5 million in funding to decarbonise them, a recent news report in the local media has been able to suggest.
The scheme is predicted to remove up to 4,050 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year and will involve deploying a variety of energy saving measures, such as solar panels, heat pumps, new LED lights, energy storage, wall, roof and pipework insulation.
Newcastle City Council applied to the government’s £1 billion Public Sector Decarbonisation scheme to install low carbon heating and other energy efficiency measures across 32 major sites.
Council Leader Councillor Nick Forbes said: “Removing up to 4,050 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions each year, equivalent to taking 2,828 cars off the road, will really help towards our ongoing target of being net zero by 2030.
“And it could help support and safeguard more than 800 jobs, potentially saving £386,000 a year on running costs, which would obviously be welcome at a time when our budget faces continued challenges.”
HeatingSave Building Management System BMS software –advanced controls and analytics features
The HeatingSave high level software is a web based user friendly and intuitive software application, delivering unrivalled control and monitoring of the heating system. Using just a browser from one desktop or laptop PC, tablet or smart phone you can control your entire building or a whole network of buildings. Software features include:
- Advanced planning of heating patterns and diary allowing 365 day programming with different patterns for each zone.
- Graph visualisation of every temperature, air quality, occupancy and on/off event ever recorded. Use these to identify problems with boilers, pumps etc. and also to prove that HeatingSave is working for you.
- Transaction and fault logging and reporting. Alerts include boilers failing to respond, or when they unexpectedly start to increase in heat (manually overridden by someone). Also sensors hitting maximum/minimum temperatures are displayed. Avoid expensive repair and maintenance costs by determining what the problem is first so you can either change the settings yourself or send the right person first time.
- Running Costs – View the costs of boilers, equipment like pumps or immersions, air-cons etc. The costs are broken down by site or by each system individually. They are then displayed daily, monthly and quarterly. You can even see the carbon usage of your building or collection of buildings.
- View your site as a schematic with temperatures and equipment status overlaid. Keep track of an entire site from one easy viewport.
- Easily manage the settings and parameters for the entire Building Energy Management System from one place.
If you’d like to find out more information on the HeatingSave Building Energy Monitoring System, please contact us, and our specialists will answer your questions and queries in a very fast and easy manner.