School set to deploy building energy monitoring system in a bid to cut energy costs
A New York school is set to deploy a building energy monitoring system, as well as multiple energy saving measures in a bit to cut their bills, a recent news report in the local media has been able to suggest.
Alfred-Almond school has entered an energy performance contract that could save the district thousands of dollars in energy costs over the next several years.
Under the contract, the school would monitor electricity usage for every system — from boiler operations to the replacement of traditional incandescent lights with LED or light emitting diodes.
District Superintendent Rich Calkins at a board work session last week said the biggest savings would probably result from the conversion to LED lights in district buildings.
HeatingSave Building Management System BMS software –advanced controls and analytics features
The HeatingSave high level software is a web based user friendly and intuitive software application, delivering unrivalled control and monitoring of the heating system. Using just a browser from one desktop or laptop PC, tablet or smart phone you can control your entire building or a whole network of buildings. Software features include:
- Advanced planning of heating patterns and diary allowing 365 day programming with different patterns for each zone.
- Graph visualisation of every temperature, air quality, occupancy and on/off event ever recorded. Use these to identify problems with boilers, pumps etc. and also to prove that HeatingSave is working for you.
- Transaction and fault logging and reporting. Alerts include boilers failing to respond, or when they unexpectedly start to increase in heat (manually overridden by someone). Also sensors hitting maximum/minimum temperatures are displayed. Avoid expensive repair and maintenance costs by determining what the problem is first so you can either change the settings yourself or send the right person first time.
- Running Costs – View the costs of boilers, equipment like pumps or immersions, air-cons etc. The costs are broken down by site or by each system individually. They are then displayed daily, monthly and quarterly. You can even see the carbon usage of your building or collection of buildings.
- View your site as a schematic with temperatures and equipment status overlaid. Keep track of an entire site from one easy viewport.
- Easily manage the settings and parameters for the entire Building Energy Management System from one place.
If you’d like to find out more information on the HeatingSave Building Energy Monitoring System, please contact us, and our specialists will answer your questions and queries in a very fast and easy manner.