How To Keep Business Energy Prices Down As Gas Prices Rise
The average UK household and business will see its energy and fuel prices sky-rocket in 2022 once regulator Ofgem’s new price cap comes in from April.
The hikes are linked to global gas prices, and while there isn’t much you can do about wholesale energy prices, there are still vital steps you can take to save money on your bills.
The energy price cap will increase by over 50% in April 2022, adding hundreds of pounds to energy bills for business owners up and down the UK. The price cap is likely to rise again in October following the second annual review, causing an even greater inflation in heating and energy bills.
Of course, there are many simple ways to help reduce these costs for your business such as switching off lights and appliances, turning your heating down, being more efficient with water consumption, and even insulating your home.
However, the most effective way to dramatically reduce your businesses (and homes) heating bills is to install a building energy management system. This article sets out to explain how it works and how your business and home can benefit from a building energy management system.
Reduce energy prices as gas prices rise
Our building energy management system, an Energy Saving Trust endorsed product, has the ability to reduce your buildings heating and energy bills by 20-to-30%+. This can almost half the energy price cap increase to ensure your heating bills remain affordable. But how does it work?
Building energy management system: how does it work?
Energy monitoring System features
- Reduces heating and energy bills by 20-to-30%+
- Heating pattern & heating diary control, avoiding heating/cooling areas are not used (weekends, holidays, areas of variable occupancy)
- Heat-Loss Algorithm learns the “heat-loss profile” of each heating zone within your building to apply heating/cooling at the latest possible moment in time – later if it’s warm and earlier if it’s cold
- Automatic occupancy detection; moving the temperature to a “background” when areas are not used and then quickly bringing back to temperature when they are occupied.
- Room booking system to only heat/cool areas when used. Automatic calculation of heating times/temperatures to match bookings
- Smart card door access control and intruder detection
Thermostatic Radiator Valves
The HeatingSave wireless TRV head with its integral mobile phone app puts users in control of their heating, minimising waste and improving comfort. Through programmable time and temperature control, the HS-TRV enables zoning of central heating, controlling each radiator independently.
- Mixture of wired and/or wireless radiator valves
- Zone all offices and rooms
- Program each room using the Heating Diary and Room Booking software
- Control lights, security and intrusion detection
The Room Booking System is manufactured by HeatingSave specifically for business or organisations such as Village Halls, Churches or Community Centres who hire/rent out rooms for a variety of reasons. It is part of a complete turn-key system that replaces your existing heating time clock to provide your hall or similar building with an inexpensive, all-in-one Energy Management, Room Booking and Security Access Control system known as Hall Energy & Security Management System (HESM). Although HESM normally uses an Internet connection for you to access its software, it is possible to use it as a stand-alone system locally using Wifi.
The room booking system allows users of halls and buildings to rent out various areas of the building and control booking logistics, quotations, deposits, collection of monies and management of accounts simply by using a Browser and the Internet.
- Room temperatures can be set depending upon the customer’s requirements. For example, a fitness class might want 18°c whilst the toddlers play group might want 21.50°c.
- Analysis software to view different income streams, total income and unused potential.
- Email alerts when deposits are due and other deadlines.
Don't just take our word for it…
“The prime reason for going for a heating control system was to save money, for more efficient energy control and only heating the place while it’s being used. We have saved around 30% on our heating bill because the system stopped heating the building at unnecessary times.”
- Dr. Giles, Treasurer, Kington Langley Village Hall
Take a look at our case studies page and see for yourself how we are reducing the heating and energy bills for a wide range of businesses and organisations across the UK.
Our impressive list of accreditations include Government Energy Technology List, Energy Saving Trust and Ofgem Cert Approved. The full list can be found via the button below.
Book a demo for your business and/or home today
If you would like more information regarding our building energy management system and how it can help reduce your energy bills and combat the rise in energy prices, then do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our sales team today who is on-hand to help.