Thermostatic Radiator Valves Explained
Buying and installing TRVs can ensure your building is not only more energy efficient, but is also cheaper to run. Take a look at our TRV guide, explaining everything there is to know about Thermostatic Radiator Valves.
What is a TRV?
TRV stands for Thermostatic Radiator Valve. A TRV is a self-regulating valve fitted to a hot water heating system radiator, to control the temperature of a room by adjusting the flow of hot water into a radiator depending on the setting. With a TRV fitted to your radiator, you will be able to individually heat each radiator, isolating each heating zone and only heating areas when required.
How does a TRV work?
The thermostatic valve head goes on top of the valve body and, as the room temperature changes, adjusts a pin in the valve body so that it opens or closes.
When the temperature in the room gets warmer, the TRV valve closes up to stop the hot water flow into the radiator, and therefore helps to maintain the desired temperature set by the user. On the flipside, if the temperature of the room gets colder and decreases, the valve body of the TRV opens up to allow more hot water to flow around the radiator, ultimately heating the room quicker and reaching the desired room temperature.
The HeatingSave TRV
HeatingSave’s Thermostatic Radiator Valves come as:
- Either wired or wireless, depending on your building's physical state and your preference and your budget (explained further below)
- Programmable to be used in conjunction with your Heating Diary or Room Booking System - ideal for commercial use when customers are using different rooms at separate times of the day
- More than just heating. HeatingSave’s TRV can also be used to control the lights and for security purposes such as detecting intruders
Do I need wired or wireless TRVs?
A wired TRV is better suited to you if you…
- Are in the process of refurbishing, building a new house, office block, or other commercial building
- Don’t want to replace batteries annually
- Don’t want to spend too much / don’t have a big budget
A wireless TRV is better suited to you if you…
- Cannot/don’t want to run the cables through the walls
- Own a listed building
- Are happy to renew batteries annually
- Want a cheaper install
For more information regarding our wired or wireless TRVs then please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our sales team today who will be willing to assist you with any further queries you may have.