Position: Installation Engineer
St Neots, Full-time
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- Hail Weston House, Hail Weston, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 5JY, United Kingdom
- Base Salary
- £25,000.00 - £35,000.00 Per year
- Date Posted
- 11 March 2022
- Job Description
HeatingSave – Installation Engineer v2#
Location: Leicester & Coventry
The Installation Engineer position within HeatingSave involves an initial training period where you will become familiar with the HeatingSave product range of BMS controls and Access Control products. You will be undertaking installations and supporting our Commissioning engineers as well as completing maintenance visits on HeatingSave systems at various UK locations but you will be based at our Hail Weston Springs office.
Due to the nature and location of the works the role will require regular periods of staying away.
- After initial training you will form part of an installation team where you will you will carry out:
- Installation of our HeatingSave building management system in a variety of boiler rooms including the installation of the physical HeatingSave Control units/ monitoring systems, together with cabling work and ducting. Installation of 3G/WiFi/Lan where necessary. Supporting the commissioning of HeatingSave Systems as required.
- Commissioning of systems and customer handover.
- Planned and reactive maintenance cover for our customer sites
Tensor plc is a world-class medium sized company who design and manufacture Smart Card and Biometric Time & Attendance, Access Control and security and control products. We also design and manufacture a range of eco control systems, including boiler and solar heating controllers. We have developed a number of “world firsts” and are recognised as a leader in our field. Today we are a global organisation where research and design activity remains a top priority and this will keep Tensor in its lead position for years to come.
The successful candidate will:
- have previous experience in installations of BMS, security systems or similar products or be experienced in Control Panel wiring and testing
- have a good understanding of current wiring regulations
- be knowledgeable with current PC technology and feel comfortable in using these within a “Windows” environment
- have good personal skills in dealing with people in a customer facing role
- hold a current driving license
- be hard working & self-motivated, willing to travel within the UK
- have a clear current criminal record and be able to obtain an Enhanced DBS
- have the ability to work to deadlines
We are particularly interested in applicants with the following skills/experience
- previous experience in installing BMS or Heating Control systems or wiring of electrical panels Control Panels
- qualifications from electrical/electronic industries
- Salary: Up to £35,000
- Company vehicle, mobile phone and tools provided
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Bank/public holidays
- Length of service annual leave reward scheme (up to 30 days can be accrued)
- EMI share options scheme
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, keen, hardworking individual who wants to be at the forefront of the green technology revolution and on the crest of the wave of the Climate Emergency measures to cut peoples energy consumption and energy costs.
This is also a fantastic opportunity to build the HeatingSave Operations Department as sales grow and manage the entire HeatingSave installations and maintenance activity over time.
If you feel that you have the necessary drive and interest to undertake this role please apply in the first instance with your CV in MS Word format via the link below and then call Tensor on 01480 215530 to discuss your application.