Building Energy Monitoring Systems – The Key to Unlocking Significant Performance and Efficiency Improvements
Building energy monitoring systems (either independent or embedded within building management systems) are likely to play an even more important role in ensuring a higher level of performance and energy efficiency for the built environment, experts believe.
As buildings become outfitted with sensors and smart systems, more data can be collected from every aspect of building performance and operations. A recent Deloitte survey reveals that building temperature and air quality, building performance, occupant movement, and facilities utilization sensors are among the most popular in terms of deployment this year. With hundreds of these sensors sending data at regular and frequent intervals, there’s much more information available now than just a few years ago.
A major challenge with building energy data is there is so much of it. Real time energy management (RTEM), smart building systems, and sensitive sensors make data collection much easier than just a few years ago.
From tracking occupancy and temperature to expansive building management and automation systems to track energy usage and efficiency, there are many conclusions that can be drawn. Determining the correct metrics to focus on may need to be uniquely tailored to individual buildings but should follow general and established guidelines for comparison purposes.
Comparing energy usage between buildings is helpful to better identify opportunities to cut energy waste in areas that would have remained unknown without collaboration. At a higher level, sharing energy usage data can be used to make smarter investment decisions, reward efficiency, and drive widespread, continuous improvement.
HeatingSave Building Management System BMS software –advanced controls and analytics features
The HeatingSave high level software is a web based user friendly and intuitive software application, delivering unrivalled control and monitoring of the heating system. Using just a browser from one desktop or laptop PC, tablet or smart phone you can control your entire building or a whole network of buildings. Software features include:
- Advanced planning of heating patterns and diary allowing 365 day programming with different patterns for each zone.
- Graph visualisation of every temperature, air quality, occupancy and on/off event ever recorded. Use these to identify problems with boilers, pumps etc. and also to prove that HeatingSave is working for you.
- Transaction and fault logging and reporting. Alerts include boilers failing to respond, or when they unexpectedly start to increase in heat (manually overridden by someone). Also sensors hitting maximum/minimum temperatures are displayed. Avoid expensive repair and maintenance costs by determining what the problem is first so you can either change the settings yourself or send the right person first time.
- Running Costs – View the costs of boilers, equipment like pumps or immersions, air-cons etc. The costs are broken down by site or by each system individually. They are then displayed daily, monthly and quarterly. You can even see the carbon usage of your building or collection of buildings.
- View your site as a schematic with temperatures and equipment status overlaid. Keep track of an entire site from one easy viewport.
- Easily manage the settings and parameters for the entire Building Energy Management System from one place.
If you’d like to find out more information on the HeatingSave Building Energy Monitoring System, please contact us, and our specialists will answer your questions and queries in a very fast and easy manner.